Did you know there is an entire branch of dentistry designed to help protect broken teeth by caring for the pulp of a tooth and issues that may arise within its root? Due to the fact that the pulp contains numerous essential parts of a tooth, including connective tissues, nerve endings, and blood vessels, it is essential that effective care is given to protect your tooth from pulp damage. However, if it should be damaged, an endodontic treatment such as a root canal can be used. Consider the following information about endodontics:
– Endodontic treatments such as root canal therapies are known for saving millions of teeth every single year that otherwise would need to be extracted.
– Endodontists require an additional 2 years of complex medical training beyond traditional dental school.
– Endodontists can perform root canal treatments, advanced endodontic surgeries, and other oral health care procedures designed to save damaged and broken teeth.
– Root canal treatments can restore the function to a broken tooth.
– Endodontics treatments can potentially save teeth so that they can function effectively for the rest of your life.
– Endodontics treatments can restore teeth and give them an opportunity to function effectively in your mouth rather than needing to extract them and prepare your smile for a prosthetic.
If you are interested in an endodontic treatment from Cobb Corner Endodontics, P.C. at our dentist office in Canton, Massachusetts, call us at 781-575-9633. Dr. Eric Weinstock and our team look forward to enhancing your smile.